CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 10, 2009

Dumbo...

So yesterday started with a whole lot of Sorin's legs, went with some modern ballet from an orphan manchild and ended with an oversized ear.

Sorin is the director of the foundation here and has been since it started. He's in his early 40's probably and is a large Romanian man. Incredibly nice, constantly cranky, but hilarious. We love him. So yesterday morning Heather and I decided to walk to the park so we wouldn't have to take 2 trips in the car. We were about a block away and only a few minutes late when Sorin drives up in his Octavia and says to get in, he needs to run into the bank but he will be out shortly. So Heather and I wait in his car while he goes in the bank. He jogs on out and gets in the car and drives a block in the opposite direction and tells us he needs to stop at the Supermarket to buy cups and water for the kids at camp. Again, Heather and I wait in the car. He comes out and we are now half hour late and 2 blocks away. He jogs to the car while on his phone and says that Roxana needs some supplies from the foundation and we have to go now. While camp has started. The foundation is on the other side of Barlad. While we're driving he offers us some gum. I put it in the cup holder but he dropped it on the mat under his feet. I was a little surprised when he asked me to retrieve it for him... While he's driving a stick shift. Uh... Okay. So I quickly realize just how flexible I'm going to have to be to and take off my seatbelt. While he's driving about 50 miles an hour (wearing shorts, mind you) I have to maneuver myself under his legs (while one is punching on the clutch) and pull out the gum. Please tell me you have the visual representation of what this must have looked like to Heather in the back seat.

When we FINALLY got to camp things went really well. I'm blogging for the foundation so if you want those stories check out romaniabridge.blogspot.com because I don't want to retype everything!

After that we visited the artist guy again (who still hasn't forgiven me for accidentally calling him Mr. Cheese in Romanian back in '06) and then headed to the Elena Farago center. Our boys in our program live there so we usually go to check it out. Now, we have this guy who hangs out with our boys who's name is Constantin. He's been telling us about how he's a very good ballet dancer and he wants to go to Bucharest to study ballet. He's a character for sure. So while we're there we asked him to dance. Oh. Wow. After finding the perfect Michael Jackson song, he proceded to show us the mother of all ROmanian Modern Ballets. Please, if you will, picture the flowing blonde hair, tight jeans, pelvic thrusts, and jazz hands set to the soundtrack of MJ's "Heal the World." That is forever burned into my mind.

That night we took the staff out to dinner and I absolutely love them. They are incredible, again check the other blog for details.

So you all know that I get eaten by mosquitos. And some of you probably know that my mosquito bites swell and blister to the point where I look like I have some form of leprosy. So how about the fact that some special mosquito found his way to my ear. First it itched. Then it burned. Then it swelled. Then it was about twice the size of my other ear, blistered, burning, and itching. I have pictures.

I am currently being told by Sorin that it is time for me to hurry so I guess that means I'm done for the day. I love you all and am heading out to Bucharest tomorrow so I don't know how much I will be able to blog. Buh Bye!~

0 comments: