CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Dangerous Minds 2: Gourley Elementary

Yes, I teach in the ghetto. And don't hate, but it's much better than any snotty east side school. So today I had my kids write with absolutely no boundaries. I didn't care what they wrote about or how long it was, I just let them write about whatever. I just wanted to share some of the results some of them will be long, but I promise it's worth it...

Cheyenne wrote:
Once upon a time there was this lady who lived in this swamp. She was holding this purse and she took something out if it. The cops were watching her to see what was in the purse. It was a dead baby. She was rocking it to sleep but it didn't go to sleep so she cut off it's head.

Karter wrote:
My dad just got out of Jell (jail) so I get to see him and he'll buy me lots of video games.

Michael wrote:
(A big long story about jumping into a volcano...) So me and Christian got axes and started hitting the ground and the lava came out. We tried to run away but we got burned really bad by the lava. Then we died.

Ashley wrote:
(A big long story about ghosts...) She got sad when she got back to the haunted house because her brother had his head chopped off. Then 200 ghosts came and the moms head got chopped off too.

Todd wrote:
Do you know what's a Mawgwa? It's a Gremlin. But it has 3 very important rules. 1. Do not get it wet. I will multiply. 2. Do not put it in light. It hates light and will die. 3. No matter how much it begs or cries never ever feed it after midnight. They will change.

And now for my favorites...

Andre wrote:
I've been to Mexico. When you want to go somewhere you either have to walk or ride a donkey even with heavy heavy stuff. My friends dad has a 22. A 22 is a hand gun and my friend has a bb gun.

Isaac wrote:
In Mexico my dad bought me a gun. A 22 hand gun. He has a 45 caliber.


NICE. I teach in the ghetto. I'm going to start playing Gangsta's Paradise on my way to school. Pray for me!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

"Livin' in the gangsta paradise." For sure you teach in the hood. Why do these kids know so much about guns? Yikes! I love the gout pics. I've been waiting for them. Keep the funny stories coming or in this case kind of scary, but they always make me laugh, or once again in this case kind of scared.

BaconandBitch said...

Wow, that is eye opening. Kind of funny though too. Wow. That is all I can say.

Anonymous said...

UMMMM I don't even know what to say to express to you how hilarious I thought gansta's paradise was... I actually have a good story for you. I'm going to post it on our blog in honor of you! Go READ IT.

Gina and Ross said...

UMMMM I don't even know what to say to express to you how hilarious I thought gansta's paradise was... I actually have a good story for you. I'm going to post it on our blog in honor of you! Go READ IT.

Ashley said...

Hey put up pictures of you guys staying classy in San Diego ASAP. Sorry I know you've been home for a total of like 12 hours, but I want to see. I hope you guys had fun!

Beth said...

Miss, J
In a small way that kind of reminds me of NPA and some of my nasty fourth graders. But remember: "one mans trash is another mans bounty"!
Love your guts!
Beth