CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Sign on my head...

Okay, friends. It's brainstorming time. I taught a lesson this week about brainstorming and how it's great for organizing your thoughts so we're going to do a group brainstorm and here is our topic:

What is wrong with Amanda Jackson??

Okay, before you start listing rude things like "she has a big nose," "she lacks simple knowledge of personal hygene," or "she's not even close to as funny as she thinks she is," let me narrow this down for you...

Apparently, there is something wrong with me when it comes to the opposite sex. I do NOT attract normal boys. I think the last normal boy that was attracted to me... was... probaby Devin Jones in 2nd grade. I just don't get the normal ones.

Let's further explore our Background Knowledge so we can come up with a great way to answer this question...

I had someone write a poem about various body parts of mine... refering to some of them as "young roes, who are twins"

I had an on-again, off-again Booty Call for 2 years. Seriously. 2.

I've had boys send me really... strange... pictures from cell phones.

I had a date with this sequential order. First: Argue about politics. Next: Tips our waiter $1. Then: Asks me if I want to make out (I said no). Finally: He started nibbling my ear.

I had a date that, from start to finish, was 54 minutes. We ate dinner in his bedroom.

I had a fellow teacher ask me out in front of his entire class.

Okay, I think that's some pretty substancial background info. So... what's the deal? Is it a sign on my head that says "Only Crazies May Apply?" Do I emit a pheremone that repels normal, emotionally sane, relatively attractive males? Am I uglier than I think? Is my secret fear that I'm really socially awkward a true statement? You are all fairly close people to me and I think with the help of all of us we can get to the bottom of this! Or else my 4 month dating sabbatical could become permanent!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You are a creative writer! That was hilarious! It really is a brainstorming question though. I think you are beautiful, funny, smart, sweet...I could keep going! I don't know why prince charming has not come to sweep you off your feet! Maybe he is working on his own up hill battle to get to your castle! (think disney's sleeping beauty)

Gina and Ross said...

uhhh i have this cologne you might have heard of... Sex Panther. I know it can do wonders! I'll be honest with you it smells like pure gasoline, but its a nice mind numbing feeling you get used to. Soon all those weirdos will seem charming.
-Gina