CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

BARF-elona!

Oh mercy. Do I have a story for you all. So we took a cheap flight from madrid to Barcelona and it was the day after I arrived. Totally jetlagged and tired and worn out and dead. So we get to the airport and I´m feeling kinda crappy so I decide to eat some fries and a Sprite to try to settle myself and get on the hour and a half flight.

Here´s where life gets interesting!

So I´m still feeling sick and getting sicker as we board the plane. We sit right in the middle and I decide if I can just fall asleep I can make it through the flight. I fall asleep immediately and am out for about 20 minutes when I wake up! What wakes me up? Myself. Vomiting. All over the place. I´m not even kidding. I´ve never thrown up in public in my entire life and here I am barfing all over the place on an airplane before it even takes off. The flight attendants were in the middle of their safety presentation so Mitch starts yelling "Vomito!" and the flight attendant finally comes running and hands me... a tissue. Yea, that´s going to do me a lot of good at this point!

So I´m shaking and crying because I´m totally embarrassed at this point but I have to do something. She finally brings me some paper towels and, without getting into too much detail, luckily the skirt I was wearing caught the bulk of it! I get partially cleaned up and the lady tells us we have to wait for an hour so they grab my suitcase (thank goodness we carried on our luggage) and I grab the first bottoms I see.

Then the problem is I have to get to a bathroom and we´re in the middle of the plane. So Megann (who deserves a medal for this) walks in front of me as I try to hide the barf that is now all down my skirt. Of course it doesn´t work and everyone is giving me the stink eye on my way back. Also, I had some of it on my shoe and am now pretty much sliding down the aisle. I get to the bathroom and wash off my shoe and my foot when they suddenly come on and say that we´re cleared for take off. Right now. So the flight attendant tells us to go sit at the very front so I can get off fast and Meg high tails it up there while I am trying to wash myself off and change all in about 3 seconds before we take off. I got to my seat and could not stop laughing and crying for the remainder of the flight. The minute we landed I was off that plane faster than you can even believe.

I have NEVER been so completely embarrassed in my life! Seriously, it was almost painful how embarrassed I was. I was completely mortified. However, I survived and the poor Laundry service at the Madanis Hotel got to deal with the rest of my skirt. Best 7 Euro I have spent thus far.

Other than that, Barcelona has been AMAZING. We spent yesterday at Setgis beach on the Mediterranian, which was so beautiful. It was incredible. The sea was so warm! Today we did lots and lots and lots of sightseeing. This city is absolutely beautiful. All of the architecture is fantastic. We went to the apartment building designed by Gaudi and it was ridiculously cool. The rooftop overlooks the entire city (including the building we´ve named "Penis Building" but you´ll see pictures later!) and you can see everything. It seriously is beautiful.

My favorite part so far is the Sagrada Familia. It was started by Gaudi but he died so they have hired different artists to build each section of the cathedral and it was so incredible. I can´t get enough of this city and I wish I had a few more days here because it really is amazing. I love it.

Okay, I really want a nap! I hope everyone is doing well back home! We´re heading to Madrid for tomorrow, so hopefully I´ll have a different staff on RyanAir or I´ll be even more embarrassed! We have one night in Madrid and then we head to Pamplona for the Running of the Bulls! Should be cool! Love you all! Buenos Noches! (my espaƱol is muy bueno!)

6 comments:

Here And Happy! said...

Brava! Brava! Barfito Magnifico!!! Amanda you kill me. I can't believe I missed this. You never gave it up for me and WE CONSIDERED IT! On to bleeding bulls...what could be more thrilling?

Erika said...

Oh, Jackson...only you. Sadly that would happen to you. I'm so sorry to hear, but Justin and I did laugh pretty hard. I love the updates...keep them coming!

Crawling said...

Probably that is one of the most sad things I have ever heard!!! I'm glad you are loving everything else though.

Beth said...

Oh wow sounds like it's going to be an interesting trip already. Wish I could see it all in real time rather than the pictures, but they will have to do. Love you!

Jeff said...

Sad! Don't worry you won't ever see those people on the plane again, right? I have yakked in a lot of public places.Jungle Jims, McDoanld's, Pizza Hut, Library, Baseball game, In the car a bunch of times and at school a bunch of times. I have a super weak stomach!

Meredith said...

That is terrible and so sad! Sorry you had to live through an experience like that. But it is a definite plus that you are in Europe and enjoying it! Can't wait to see pictures!