CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

I promise I'm not dead!























Helloooooooo Friends! I really am not dead. I didn't get my hands cut off, either. I have just been extremely busy/lazy (you can be both!) lately and haven't gotten to much blogging! It's been a very eventful 2 months since my birthday so let's recap, shall we?? I'll throw up a bunch of pictures and you will just have to guess which ones go where.
Vegas and St. George: For Tricia's b-day a few of us ladies headed down south for the weekend. Much shopping, much playing, a little unsuccessful gambling, some plastic grillz, and an intense game of Bingo. We had a great time.
BBQ: Most of the high school girls got together for some good times at Ashley's house! We ended up busting out Ashley's box of pictures from elementary, jr. high, and high school and it was probably one of the single most embarassing moments of my life! I was not cool until I hit about 22. I'm STILL not that cool, but a lot cooler than I was!
End of School: (Yea, these are pure out of order) I ended my first year of teaching with an all-out dance party with my third graders. We had a few days of cleaning, moving my boxes (I'm teaching first grade next year), field day, and assemblies. I played my kids a slide show and at the end of the day I played them the part of High School Musical 3 where they sing the song about Summer at the very beginning and we had a big dance party to end the year! Yea, I'm the best teacher ever. I know. It was really kinda sad to see those kids go. I had a BLAST this year and probably had the hardest year of my life at the same time. Some of those kids came a long way this year and I had a lot of mixed emotions about the end of the year!
Taylorsville Days: Is the bomb. Every year. No battle. And this year was no exception. The Neil Diamond cover band was the perfect addition to this year's festivities!

4th of July: I went with my fam to the cabin and can I tell you I have the best family ever? We have a blast. I love being around them and it was just fantastic.

Other: (Real creative category name!) I've been to a few Bees games, a few other BBQ's (and worn the yellow BBQ shirt a lot!), saw Kanye West and LeAnn Rimes in concert (not together, that would be weird) and they were both AWESOME, seen a few movies (Hancock = thumbs down), even made the obligatory yearly fantastic trip to the Drive-in!

Summer has been great. I am loving having a profession that provides the summers off! FANTASTIC! I don't know why everyone doesn't do this whole "summer vacation" idea.

Well, my friends, I take off on Monday for a month in Europe. Right now I'm a little stressed, a little terrified, and EXTREMELY excited. I'm spending a few days here and there in Madrid, a few days in Barcelona, a few days in Pamplona to see the Running of the Bulls, a week in Rome, and ending with the yearly Romania trip, which is only a week this year! So stay with me, I promise this blog is going to be KICKIN as soon as I get there. I've been Boring McBoringster lately, but I'm back like y'all have never seen!

3 comments:

Bryan and Haylie said...

yay for finding your blog! you're hot! can't wait to see your europe fun!

Here And Happy! said...

Relief! I finally found your blog. Can't wait to know your mind.

Amy said...

Looks and Sounds like you have been having fun! Way to go! It is important to still have fun!