CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Rome if you want toooo-ooooo!

I am running out of song titles about Rome! I gave you a lame post about Rome so I thought I would wax a little poetic here about the great city. But the keyboard is jacked so if you are shocked by my poor use of grammar its only because I cant find an apostrophe on the keyboard.

Okay, so we got to Rome and it took us 10 hours from the time we left Meg and Mitchs place in Madrid until we staggerd into our beautiful Courtyard Marriott. What we didnt really realize is that we flew into the Ciampino airport, but our hotel is at the Fiumicino airport. They are on opposite sides of the city. It took us forever to get here. When we woke up we finally realized that it would take us about 90 Euro per day to get all of us into Rome each day, so we rented a car. I think I told you that, but its awesome. The cars here are so tiny!

We started off yesterday at the Colloseum. There were these crazy Roman soliders who were taking pictures with me when suddenly one of them started saying he was going to cut off my chest and asked if they were "original or plastic" and I couldnt stop laughing at him! Then they asked me for 10 € for the pictures! I gave them 2 and the pictures are funny. I went into the Collosuem alone (M and M had already seen it) and it was so incredible. Seriously.

We had met a guy on our flight there who is an American living in Rome and working with something called the "Rome Pub Crawl" where they pretty much take tourists out drinking at like 10 different bars or something. We dont know his name so weve started lovingly referring to him as Pimpleton. So we ran into Pimpleton who for about the 50th time tried to get us to go on this Bar Crawl. It gets funnier every time because we keep telling him we dont even drink and he keeps wanting us to go with him! We ran into him at the Pantheon, too. He will be important in a minute.

We went to McDonalds for lunch (I know. We are lame.) and it was maybe the funniest 15 minutes thus far. We sat down and I said "I bet we will see Pimpleton and he will make some comment about us being in Rome and eating at McDs." Mitch starts laughing and says "here he comes!" and me and Meg start laughing becuase he must be joking! Oh no. About 4 seconds after I say that he comes strolling up the path. He turns to us and says (not kidding) "You came all the way to Rome to eat at McDonalds??" We made small talk for a minute and then about died laughing when he left. We were so far away from when we first saw him it was just totally bizarre.

Okay, I am just realizing my stories really arent that funny! The other one involves Megann telling some woman who didnt speak English that she was going to pee her pants (in an Italian accent) so she would let us in to the closed bathrooms.

The rest of the day we just walked around the city. We saw tons and tons of stuff. I was the ultimate tourist. I had this huge map and carried my camera and water all day. I felt like a total moron but it was awesome!

Today we slept in (WAY in) and then went to the beach. It was not even close to as nice as the beach in Barcelona! It was still pretty good and I got a kickin tan. It was about 45 minutes away from us and the drive was beautiful. We came back and ate some really good pasta and had probably the most attractive man in the world as a waiter. Im not even kidding you he was amazing. I was trying my best to get my groove on, until I got into the elevator and realized that the green Pesto sauce was all over my teeth! Ha ha! Yea, Im not so good at that! We went to a huge movie theatre hoping that we could see Batman, but it doesnt come out here for another week. So we will have to try to catch it in Madrid. We ended up eating gelato (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm) and then we found paradise. The biggest mall I have ever seen in my life. It had over 200 stores. I might have to make the pilgrimage tomorrow morning to do some serious time there. Mitch wasnt too interested in that tonight.

Tomorrow we are planning on sleeping in (again) and spending some time at the pool (or probably the mall) and then heading out to see Rome at night. We have a few more days here and a pretty packed schedule of things to see, but we cant get enough of sleeping in! This has been so amazing and I am loving this city. There is so much to see and so much to do.

Okay, this is getting far too long and I am getting far too tired, so I had better end for now.

Love you all!
Amanda

1 comments:

Here And Happy! said...

Don't underestimate the humor of your stories. I'm rollin' over here, just because I know you and I can totally imagine every scene! Isn't Italy and it's 200 airports somekind of I don't know what??? Carry on, Sleeping Beauty!